Top of the page - Home - Contacts - Menu - Page Content - Service Menu

Associazione Pro Loco Faedis
 
contenuto pagina
You are in: Pro Loco Faedis / Faedis and Its Territory / The Villas of Faedis

THE VILLAS OF FAEDIS

VILLA FRESCHI IN ROCHIS

Villa FreschiThe current building was built between the XVIIth and XVIIIth Centuries, probably in the same place where the fortified house of the Cucagnas had previously been (They had been called the “Freschis” since the XIVth Century, from “Fresco”, which had been Francesco Di Cucagna’s nickname).

When the Faedis aristocracy left their castles around 1400 and chose to settle in the numerous villas they owned in Faedis, Udine, Cividale, the Ronchis one became a stable residence for the Count Freschis.

The building’s main body has wings on each side (these are lower in height), nearby are some rustic houses and a small church entitled to San Carlo Borromeo, said of “Santa Croce”. The villa can be accessed via a stone portal and passing through a long aisle, with trees on each side.

On the back there’s a park with two tower-shaped pigeon houses. Its main structure develops around the main salon, on which the lesser rooms face. The Santa Croce Chapel was built at the same time as the villa and is formed by a single space.

VILLA PARTISTAGNO IN ROCHIS

Villa Partistagno in RonchisThe origin of the building is similar to that of the Villa Freschi. The architectural complex comprises the dominicale house, built on an ancient and slightly curved curtain and a small protruding body, which connects with the San Lorenzo Church.

Originally owned by the noble Partistagnos, the villa passed on to the Cucagnas because of the extinction of the former family and upon decision of the Aquileia Patriarch.

The bulding was built around the XVIth Century, while the older part was enlarged and restructured during the XVIIIth Century. Inside, two rooms are made even more precious by the presence of frescos, dating back to the early 19th Century and attributed to the painter Domenico Paghini.

VILLA ACCORDINI IN CAMPEGLIO

Villa Accordini in CampeglioIt had its origins during the Aquileia patriarchate time, when this area enjoyed great wealth and fame, thanks to the constant presence of the Patriarch, who used the Soffumbergo castle as a summer mansion.

This place used to be a patriarchal clergy site and is remarkable for its main body articulation and architectural measure, close to that of rural tradition.

PALAZZO COMUNALE, FAEDIS

Palazzo ComunaleThe only thing surviving from the original building is the structure, which shows strong similarities to that of classic Venetian villas. Actually, it was presumably built by Venetian noble lords Candeo, who settled in Faedis around 1600, when Venice started selling communal lands, in order to fund the many wars they were fighting in.

Many restructurings and changes gave a modern aspect to the palace, which nowadays is not only the site of the municipality, but of the post office, library and communal archive as well.